The 2-Paper-System is recommended for use with the iColor 550 laser transfer printer for decorating dark garments with white toner. Proper use produces brilliant color and consistent results. iColor Standard 550 is a self-weeding solution for heat transfer applications on light, dark and colored apparel or materials with textile surfaces. The polymer coating on the loTemp B Paper was developed specifcally for use with the iColor 550's print engine and toner and produces superior results, especially with spot color white on dark apparel. iColor Standard 550 media is also compatible with iColor 500 and 600 printers, but may not yield transfer quality on the same level as that achieved with the iColor 550.
The A-Foil sheet is the transfer media on which you print your image. It holds the toner extremely well, but does not leave any residues in the copier or any background on the garment. No more guessing where the transfer is applied! The transparent foil gives precise placement on your garment. Now you can precisely place transfers onto your t-shirts and textiles. Use with iColor Standard 550 Lo-Temp B Paper to adhere the printed image to apparel.
The Lo-Temp B Paper adds a layer of opaque white adhesive to the printed toner on the A Foil and bonds it to the fabric. The special coating of the Lo-Temp B Paper develops its adhesive power starting at 212°F (100°C), allowing a variety of different materials or surfaces to be transfer printed. This paper brings the additional opacity, which is needed for vibrant colors by transfer printing on dark garments. The white opaque coating on the sheet only sticks to the toner on the A-Foil.
- Transparent imaging sheet for precise placement of transfer on garment
- Superior image quality and opacity on dark apparel
- Very consistent adhesive transfer from Lo-Temp B Paper
- Low Application temperature range of B LoTemp Paper reduces risk of damaging sensitive fabrics
- Fully compatible with OKI 711WT, OKI PRO 920WT, OKI Pro 8432WT, and iColor Series laser transfer printers
- Cotton-poly blends
- Performance apparel
- Denim and more
- Place A Foil in iColor 550 bottom paper tray matte side down. Print on the transparent A-Foil using the Transparency Media Type.
- Pre-heat the press table by closing the press for 1 - 2 minutes prior to step one
- Place the A Foil and B Paper together with the white side of B paper facing matte side of the A Foil. The A-Foil should be on the bottom.
- Press with light to medium pressure for 120 seconds at 310° F.
- Separate both sheets from each other while hot by peeling in one smooth motion.
- Trim the edges of the A-Foil to remove any B Paper residue.
- Place matte side down right reading' on apparel. Cover with Teflon sheet or silicone coated craft paper and press with high pressure for 30 seconds
- Peel cold (Allow transfer to cool to room temperature before removing foil).
- Cover with Silicone kraft paper and re-press with the same settings to fix the toner on the fabric.
- Wait five seconds remove the silicone transfer paper and mildly stretch the garment.