Sometimes we need a place to keep our important things. You probably have a receipts drawer, tool box, or an art supplies box. Wouldn't it be nice to have a handy place to store all the Sign College blog articles about vinyl cutters, vinyl decals, signs and substrates? We thought so too. So we humbly present our vinyl graphics topical index.
This updated version now includes all of our articles about the hardware involved and how to use it. Now you'll find all our article about buying the right vinyl cutter, changing blades and other consumables, and feature articles on some of the best cutters in the business.
The index also includes a links to articles about the process of cutting and applying vinyl, with tips on which tape to use, and how to solve common problems like edge lifting and bubbles. Because many problems involving vinyl graphics are caused by the substrate, we've grouped all of those articles together for quick and easy reference. Here you'll find guidance about what you can decorate with adhesive backed vinyl; cars, walls, wood, mugs and more.
So whether your question is about what plotter to purchase, what vinyl and tape combination to use, or how to customize coffee cups, you'll find a link to the answers you seek in our updated Vinyl Graphics Index below.
Articles about Vinyl Cutters
- Basic Guide to Choosing a Vinyl Cutter: Don't know what plotter is right for you? Start here.
- Q Series Gen3: The newest and most advanced Vinyl Express vinyl cutters
- MUSE Vinyl Cutters: An introduction to our ground-breaking new cutter series
- MUSE Artisan Vinyl Cutters: introduction to our most affordable 24-inch plotter
- Pre-feeding Vinyl for Better Tracking: This simple step saves time and protects your vinyl cutter.
- Cutting Vinyl with Your Craft Cutter: How to go from scrap-booking to making decals & wall words.
- Plotter Blade FAQ: Here's what you need to know about plotter blades.
- When to Change Your Blade holder. What, you mean I gotta change it? Yes! Find out why and when.
- When to Change Your Cutter Protection Strip. More maintenance tips that can save time and money.
- How to Create Pop-out Decals: Guide on producing popular printed decals with the "perf cut" function.
Articles about Self Adhesive Vinyl
- Basic Guide to Vinyl Graphics: Start here if you need to understand the process
- Using Cast Vinyl for Vehicle Graphics: Updated guidance for durable vinyl vehicle graphics
- EnduraGloss Intermediate Vinyl: Introduction to our best value in sign vinyl
- ORACAL 651: How the best-selling vinyl in America changed the industry.
- ORACAL 651 Flip Tip: How to quickly remove ORACAL 651 from release liner
- Vinyl & Transfer Tape Application Guide: A guide to what tape to use with your vinyl
- What is Punched Vinyl?: A primer on perforated and non-perforated vinyl.
- Outdoor Durability Factors: What affects the life of an installed vinyl sign
- Adhesives 101: Introduction to the types of adhesives used on sign vinyl
- Basic Guide to Reflective Vinyl: Types and features of reflective vinyls
- Basic Guide to Holographic Vinyl: All about the holographic metallized films
- Basic Guide to Layering Vinyl: The dangers of overlapping mis-matched self-adhesive films.
- Vinyl Removal Options: Tools and techniques for removing old vinyl graphics
- Basic Guide to Vinyl Stencils: Got questions about paint mask and stencils for wood signs, vehicle paint and other applications?
- Guide to Stencil Use for Crafty Wood Signs: Tips for using vinyl for popular crafty wood sign applications
- How to Prevent Edge Lifting: Tackling a common problem with small vinyl graphics
Articles about Substrates (things you stick the vinyl to)
- Substrate Preparation: The five Ps of preparing substrates
- Engraving with a Cutter? How to use a Muse to engrave hard substrates
- Minimum Surface Temperatures: How cold is too cold for vinyl installation?
- Vinyl on Mugs and Glasses: What vinyls and techniques to use on drinkware
- Vinyl on Wood & Painted Substrates. Applying vinyl to painted or treated wood
- Preventing Bubbles: How to eliminate bubbles in your vinyl graphics
- Basic Guide to Banner Making: Essentials for production of commercial banners
- Banners; Hang ‘em High: How not to hang your banners.
- Basic Guide to Magnetic Signs: How to create and sell “door magnets”
- Basic Guide to Bandit Signs: How to make 'bandit' yard or lawn signs.
- Corrugated Plastic: A beginners’ guide to using corrugated plastic sign blanks.
- Trends in Vehicle Graphics: enduring trends in customizing vehicles with cut vinyl
- Low Energy Plastics: How to decorate difficult substrates like polypropylene
- License Plate Blanks: How “car tags” can generate impulse purchases
- Wall Decor Graphics: Applying vinyl graphics to painted interior walls
Now you have a virtual toolbox in which to organize your vinyl graphics know-how. No toolbox is very useful unless you can get to it quickly, so you might want to bookmark this one for easy access. Check back from time to time to see if we’ve put more tools in here for you and your staff.