- Accustom yourself to making quick strategic changes with your sign making business. In an ever changing marketplace it is important to be able to adapt quickly to change. Rather than have a five year plan, have a five year goal, and be willing to modify your plans to reach your goal.
- Follow-up sales leads within an hour or two of receiving them, whether they come in the form of an email, a fax, or a phone call. No excuses on this one, no matter how hectic the office is!
- Reward employees who get the job done quickly, while maintaining the best quality. Little things go a long way when it comes to keeping employees happy and producing. Try a gift card to a restaurant, an extra day off, or even a little bonus.
- Scrutinize timetables and try to compress the amount of time it takes to complete a project.
- Keep in mind that in a world where people want instant gratification speedy businesses often win out over their slower counterparts. Thankfully, we have the internet at our finger tips, which quite frequently makes that possible.
Keep in mind that while speed is important, quality and customer service are paramount. While you may get many one time customers by being speedy, you build quality business relationships with customer service and product quality. Have you been able to increase your business speed? What tips have you found effective?