The ROLAND DG GR2 series of large-format vinyl cutters is the latest offering in RolandDGA's respected Camm-1 line of vinyl cutters. The new GR2 series has added features to ensure superior media tracking ability and comes equipped with powerful software that allows easy integration into multiple workflows. Roland DG CAMM-1 GR2 series large-format vinyl cutters can also be used with VersaWorks RIP software for a seamless print-then-cut workflow, when used with two Roland DG devices, or a third-party non-Roland DG printer. With their advanced capabilities, and precise, reliable performance, the GR2-540 and GR2-640 will increase overall production for large-format graphics service providers.
- AAS II Positioning — an intelligent sensor workflow that automatically crops-by-row and repositions for efficient print-then-cut production
- Cutting speeds up to 60.1 inches per second support high-production environments
- Bundled SmartCUT software tiles images so you can go beyond the paper size and apply tabloid sized T-shirt transfers!
- Downforce of up to 600 grams expands media capabilities to include high-luminosity reflective sheets, sandblast mask, and other specialty materials.
- Exact cutting that features angle cutting with the overcut function for perfectly sharp corners when cutting thick material.
- Easy integration with the Roland DG TrueVIS VF2 and other Roland DG printers using VersaWorks 6.
- New GreatCut-R Software for setting up weed lines, saving job histories, and other dedicated cutting functions.
- Backed by a three-year warranty
Roland DG DR2 Vinyl Cutter Specifications: GR2-640
- Drive system - Digital Control Servo Motor
- Cutting Mechanism - Media-moving method
- Acceptable Media Width - 2 - 70.1 in (50 - 1782mm)
- Maximum Cutting Width - 64 in (1627mm)
- Acceptable Media Thickness - Total thickness 31.4mil or less, including release liner
- Maximum Roll Weight - 52.9 lbs (24 kg)
- Cutting Speed - 1.19 - 60 ips (30 - 1530mm/s)
- Cutting Force - 5 - 600 grams
- Mechanical Resolution - 0.236 mil/step ( 0.006mm/step)
- Software Resolution - 0.94 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)
- Distance Accuracy (*2) - Error of less than ± 0.1% of distance traveled or 10 mil (0.254 mm), whichever is greater
- Repeatability (*2) (*3)(*4) - 3.94mil (0.1mm) or less
- Connectivity - USB 2.0 (Full Speed Compliant), RS-232C, Ethernet (automatic switching between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX)
- Replot Memory - 32mb
- Command System - HP-GL, HP-GL/2 compliant
- Power Requirements - AC 100 to 240 V ± 10%, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption - Approx. 110 W
- Acoustic Noise level: operating - 56 dB (A) or less
- Acoustic Noise level: idling - 40 dB (A) or less
- Dimensions (width, depth, height) - 78.1 x 30 x 44.4 in (1982 x 756 x 1127mm)
- Weight - 153 lbs (69kg)
- Environment - Temperature: 59 - 86°F (15 - 30°C), humidity: 25 - 75%RH (no condensation)
- Accessories - USB cable, cutting pad, safe blade, dedicated floor stand, tweezers, User's manual.
*2: According to material and cutting conditions specified by Roland DG Corporation
*3: Excluding expansion / contraction of media
*4: Range for assured repetition accuracy
- Cut Vinyl for Signs and Banners
- Cut Commercial Fleet & Custom Vehicle Graphics
- Contour Cut Large Format Printed Graphics
- Cut reflective sheeting for municipal signage and fleet applications.