The perfect printer for the hobbyist, micro-preneur, or moonlighter, the SG500 fits comfortably on a desktop, and prints on media up to 8.5˝ x 14˝ (22 x 36 cm). This allows you to apply custom artwork to a wide variety of popular, high-margin items, from cotton shirts to mousepads, canvas tote bags, and other cotton textiles.
The SG500 has the compact footprint and rugged reliability of its predecessor, the SG400, but has been updated from the inside out. In addition to design improvements such as a single roll-bar, the SG500 is more energy-efficient, prints with higher resolution, and offers Wi-Fi connectivity. This means you’ll enjoy higher quality products and greater ease of use, at a price comparable to the previous model.
The SG500 is backward-compatible with SG400 accessories, so if you already own a bypass tray for the SG400, you will be able to continue using it. This allows you to print on media up to 51˝ long (1295 mm). Like all Sawgrass printers, the SG500 performs its own automatic maintenance cycle for trouble-free printing. For complete peace of mind, the SG500 is now backed by a 2-year warranty, as well as unlimited tech support for the life of the product.
- Compact footprint: Desktop size printer perfectly sized for home and office use.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity option frees you from having to connect directly to your design station via USB cables.
- Higher Resolution print options. The new Ultra-fine setting prints at 4880 x 1200 dpi for eye-popping graphics on metal.
- Access to Sawgrass Academy online training platform
- Creative Studio online design software & template library
- Sawgrass Print Manager. The latest version of Sawgrass intuitive print manager software makes color management easy
- ChromaBlast UHD install kit includes CMYK 31ml ChromaBlast ink cartridges and one pack of ChromaBlast transfer paper
- ChromaBlast UHD ink. New ChromaBlast UHD inks have a two-year shelf life.
- Two-year warranty, Sawgrass toll-free technical support
- Sawgrass SG500 desktop inkjet printer
- Sawgrass Standard ChromaBlast UHD 31ml CMYK ink starter kit
- 90 days of complimentary Gold support
- Printer registration includes access to Sawgrass Creative Studio design templates and new Sawgrass Production Manager software
SG500 Printer Specifications:
- Maximum media width:
- 8.5˝ x 14˝ (215 x 355 mm)
- 8.5˝ x 51˝ (215 x 1295 mm) with optional bypass tray
- Resolutions and Print Speeds*:
- High Speed (600x600 dpi) - 15 seconds
- High Quality (600x600 dpi) - 29 seconds
- Advanced Photo (1200x600 dpi) - 48 seconds
- Ultra Fine Photo (4880x1200 dpi ) - 6 minutes 40 seconds
- Maximum print resolution:
- 4880 x 1200 dpi
- Ink Options:
- Standard (31ml) Cartridges: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
- Special Features:
- WiFi connectivity, Next-generation processor, Self-maintenance mode, Modulated Dot Technology for optimal image output
- Physical Dimensions:
- 15.75˝ x 17.25˝ x 8.5˝ (399 x 437 x 213 mm)
- With Bypass Tray, Option Tray, Extended Tray
- 15.75˝ x 28.5˝ x 23˝ (399 x 725 x 586 mm)
The SG500 is an excellent choice for startup in dye sublimation or cotton decoration. With the ChromaBlast UHD variant, the target applications are transfer decoration of cotton apparel and textiles. Apparel must be white or pastel and 100% cotton.* Cotton textiles such as mouse pads and tote bags can be decorated with ChromaBlast ink and paper as long as the item can be subjected to the required heat and temperatures in a heat press.
*A Sawgrass ChromaBlast UHD system can also be used to decorate blended or darker apparel when used with compatible heat transfer vinyls such as EnduraTex Darkjet sheets. A vinyl cutter may be required for intricate graphics.